Saturday 9 February 2013

Just Listen, Sarah Dessen

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen, reviewed by Eleanor

What is this book about?
"I'm Annabel. I'm the girl who has it all. Model looks, confidence. A great social life. I'm one of the lucky ones. Aren't I? My 'best friend' is spreading rumours about me. My family is slowly falling apart. It's turning into a long, lonely summer, full of secrets and silence.

But I've met this guy who won't let me hide away. He's one of those intense types, obsessed with music. He's determined to make me listen. And he's determined to make me smile.
But can he help me forget what happened the night everything changed?" (Amazon)

Who should read this book?
I'd say this book is probably 13+

How long is this book?
371 pages
Marks
Story Line: 7/10
Well written: 4/5
Enjoyablilty: 4/5
Overall: 15/20

Star Rating:
4 stars

Question 1. What character would you most like to have tea with?
I think I would probably choose Clarke. She was Annabel's closest friend before Sophie came along and ruined things and she just seems really lovely.

Question 2. What character would you most like to throw tea at?
Sophie, Annabel's "best friend." She's an awful friend and it's horrible how quickly she turns on Annabel, without giving her a chance to explain things.

Question 3. What do you think of the cover?
I really like Dessen's front covers. The face made of a jumble of objects and colours is really pretty.

Question 4. What do you think of the title do you think there is an alternative?
'Just Listen' is a really good title for this book as there are quite a few characters with troubling pasts and so lots of stories to be told and listened to. Also, music is quite a big part of the book.

Question 5. Favourite quote!
'Don't think or judge. Just Listen.'

Overall:
I really loved this book. It was the first of Sarah Dessen's books that I ever read and even now, after reading all but one of her others, it remains my absolute favourite. So it's definitely worth reading!

What did you think of this book? What would you like us to review next?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'll check this book out! It looks quite good – thanks for introducing me!
    ~ Ruby @ http://feedmebooksnow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good, Sarah Dessen has done loads of books and they are all quite similar yet you remember each one for different reasons. They are all really good and worth reading. My favourite was Lock and Key and I think Izzy's was The Truth About Forever.
      -Bronte :)
      P.S I got confused by your blog because I though it said 'feed me book snow', but then I figured it out...:)

      Delete