Tuesday 9 April 2013

Clockwork Princess, Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare, reviewed by Bronte

Warning, this book may contain spoilers of the first books.

Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince

What is this book about?

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.

Who should read this book?

Anyone who liked the previous books really. Its fantasy and I think most people could enjoy it. Anyone above the age of about 11, I would say.

How long is this book?

568 pages, a very long book.

Marks
Story Line: 9/10
Well written: 5/5
Enjoyablilty: 5/5
Overall: 19/20

Star Rating: 5 Stars

Question 1. What character has remained the same pot of tea?

Gideon. He is still quiet and finds everything quite embarrasing and he still loves Sophie. He hasn't really changed much and I don't really think that he has too, I like his character, innocent and quiet yet caring of the people around him.

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)Question 2. Which character has a whole new flavour?

I think that Henry changed quite a bit. Before in the previous books he was quiet, kept to himself in his lab and didn't really help out the institute with Charlotte. But now he does, and I don't want to give any of the story away so that is all I will say.

Question 3. Which characters would have the most awkward conversation whilst drinking tea?

Consul Wayland, the Inquisitor and Charlotte. Three way awkwardness. I can't really explain why it would be awqward but it would be, definitely.

Question 4. What book would you prefer to read while drinking tea?

Clockwork Princess. The series conclusion. Gripping, page turning and wonderful. I could read the epilogue over and over and I'd still be crying.

Question 5. Favourite quote!

'"I don't think you can fight because you're wearing a wedding dress", said Jem. "For what it's worth, I don't think Will could fight in that dress either."
"Perhaps not," said Will, who had ears like a bat's. "But I would make a radiant bride.”' 

Overall: Spoilers in this sections, and a lot at that!!

What an epic conclusion. If you wish to read more about my 'overall' for these books just look back over my past reviews and you will be fully updated on what I think of this trilogy.
What I am going to say is my only dislike with the book. I am a team Will but I have nothing against Jem but I thought it a little disapointment that she ended up with both. One of the biggest love triangles that I have read and she ends up with both, so it's still a love triangle. However I do have a bit of a contradictory opinion as who can say that they have only ever been in love with two people and got them both, what a lovely situation. Who wouldn't want that.
I thought that the ending was beautiful. Although you have read the whole book and connected with the charcters so it's as if you know them, the epilogue, set in 2008 with a brief synopsis updating you of the last 60 odd years of Tessa's life, made you feel as if you, as well as Tessa, had also lived through her life which made you just as devastated when you saw people you love repeatedly dying because you were the one that lived forever. It was sad. I cried. Then Jem comes back into the picture. And I cry some more. But crying in a good way as she had a happy ending.
I hope that Tessa is involved more in the City of Heavenly Fire and Dark Artifacts as I feel I need to know that she is going to be okay.

What did you think of this book? What would you like us to review next?

No comments:

Post a Comment