Tuesday 28 May 2013

Goddess, Josephine Angelini

Goddess (Starcrossed, #3) by Josephine Angelini, reviewed by Bronte

 photo despicableme.gif

FINALLY IT'S HERE! This is me^^^when it finally downloaded onto my Kindle!

Warning, this review may contain spoilers of the first and second book.

Starcrossed
Dreamless

What is this book about?

Helen's powers are increasing—and so is the distance between her and her mortal friends. To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a dangerous traitor is lurking among them, and all fingers point to Orion. Still unsure whether she loves him or Lucas, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, or risk all-out war. The final book in this heart-stopping trilogy.

Who should read this book?

Someone who enjoyed Starcrossed and Dreamless will have to read this book. Again, it's the same as Starcrossed and Dreamless really, Greek mythology, thrilling and page turning and a fantastic romance.

How long is this book?

464 pages

Marks
Story Line: 9/10
Well written: 5/5
Enjoyablilty: 4/5
Overall: 18/20

Star Rating:

5 Stars

Question 1. What character has remained the same pot of tea?

Lots of characters, for me, changed slightly in this book in a way that is hard to explain unless you read the book. They didn't change for the good or the bad, they just changed and for that reason, I will have to say the either Noel or Kate remained the same caring, kind and generous people.

Goddess (Starcrossed, #3) Question 2. Which character has a whole new flavour?

Cassandra came out more in this book, in that she was there a lot of the time and seemed more aware of herself. Rather than being the in control person that everyone looks to for confidence, assurance and answers she became the timid little girl that she really is.

Question 3. Which characters would have the most awkward conversation whilst drinking tea?

Lucas and Orion with Cassandra watching on the side lines. Oh wouldn't that be funny in a way that it shouldn't.

Question 4. What book would you prefer to read while drinking tea?

Out of the trilogy my order of favourite would be Starcrossed, Goddess and then Dreamless, just because Dreamless became a little bit repetitive after a while and I thought the ending could have been much better in Goddess. I can't really fault anything about Starcrossed so there you have it.

Question 5. Favourite quote!

'How many horses do you see trotting around these days?' - Jason

Overall:

To be absolutely honest I though that the ending of Goddess was a little disappointing. Not totally, but a little. At the end of Starcrossed we knew that Helen and Lucas were not cousins, but they thought that they were throughout two whole books, probably the most heart pulling annoying dramatic irony in YA book history; so you could/would expect there to be some amazing ending when they finally found out that they weren't cousins! There wasn't too much and I would almost go as far as saying I though that the ending was a little bit rushed. I wanted to know how everyone was in a few years time. When I see that a book has an epilogue I instantly scream and jump around in happiness because it usually means that there is going to be a '5 years later' or something along those lines, but there wasn't, it was more like a '15 hours later'. I have this fear, yet another fear, that although everything may be all great at the end of a book, things might go disastrously wrong and Helen would have to save the world yet again in a few years time, so I like to have a 'later on' part to the book.
Now I have babbled on too much about the bad bits of this book you probably don't have the energy to carry on reading the amazing parts of this book so I will keep it short and sweet.
This is still one of the best trilogies I have ever read. I still love Greek Myology. I wish this trilogy carried on and I could read about Helen and the others forever, but that would defeat the idea of a trilogy. Thank you Josephine Angelini for writing these amazing and enjoyable books, I can't wait, WAIT, to read more from you!

What did you think of this book? What would you like us to review next?

3 comments:

  1. IM FROM SOUTH AFRICA AND INDEED THIS WAS THE BEST LOVE SAGA YET , BRAVO TO JOSEHINE FOR RE=INVENTING THE ANCIENT MYTHOLOGY INTO MORDERN LOVE ROMANCE THAT WAS INTENSE AND INTRIGING ,WISH TO READ MORE OF YOR INCREDIBLE BOOKS BECAUSE THIS BOOK TRANSPORTED ME INTO THAT WORLD AND IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE

    ReplyDelete
  2. JOSEPHINE I LOVE YOUR BOOKS SO MUCH BUT IT'S VERY HARD TO GET THEM IN TIME AS SOUTH AFRICA'S DISTRIBUTION IS SLOW BUT I ENJOYED IT SO MUCH AND YOU ROCK BIG TIME,CARRY ON WRITING MAYBE ONE DAY YOU'LL READ MY BOOKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! SO MUCH CAPITALISATION! I agree though, Greek mythology is my utmost favourite and it isn't around much in YA, and the love story and characters work so well with it and together, overall they make the book FANTASTIC!
      ~Bronte

      Delete