Saturday 28 June 2014

The Maze Runner, James Dashner

The Maze Runner by James Dashner, reviewed by Eleanor

6186357Author: jamesdashner.com/
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Pages: 374 pages
Buy this book: Amazon uk/Amazon us

What is this book about?
When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He's surrounded by strangers--boys whose memories are also gone.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It's the only way out--and no one's ever made it through alive. 
(Goodreads)

Who should read this book? If you loved the Hunger Games, you'll love this.

Star Rating: 3.5 stars


Question 1. What character would you most like to have tea with?
Minho. Definitely.

Question 2. What character would you most like to throw tea at?
Gally. He's mean. Or a griever (nocturnal monsters made up of balls of blubber with hundreds of super spiky weapons protruding from their fat). They're pretty mean too. And very scary.

Question 3. What do you think of the cover?
I like it, it's another one of those covers that you only get if you have read the book.

Question 4. Can you read the tea leaves from the beginning or are there twists in the plot?
I kept thinking I knew what was going on only to have Dashner throw in another twists to throw me off track.

Question 5. Favourite quote!
"If you ain’t scared… you ain’t human.”


Overall: I enjoyed this book. I have been planning on reading it for over 2 years now and I have absolutely no idea why it has taken me so long to get my hands on a copy because it is quite honestly amazing! The thing that makes this book is the main character, Thomas. What I cannot stand in a book is when the characters constantly makes stupid decisions that no-one would EVER even consider. Thomas made good decisions, which I adored. Sure, he did reckless things but they were necessary and justifiable. I also really liked the plot of this story as, although it vaguely follows the structure of a dystopian novel, there were lots of little twists and I didn't predict any of these. Lastly, there was no love triangle. INCREDIBLE. I'd definitely recommend this book to all who love a completely terrifying but extremely addictive post-apocalyptic read.

What did you think of this book? What would you like us to review next?

No comments:

Post a Comment