Tuesday 10 June 2014

Top Ten Books We've Read This Summer

Top Ten Books We've Read This Summer is this week's addition of Top Ten Tuesday hosted by the The Broke and the Bookish.



Eleanor:
I have read pretty much nothing for about the last two months as I've been in extreme revision and have only left the house for exams... (I want to say 'hahaha kidding' but I'm sadly not) However, today my exams finished, which means I can start reading again. Woop woop. So as I haven't been reading this summer yet, here are three books I will be reading...

1. The Rosie Project by, Don Tillman -I've heard some good things about this book and it looks so feel-good and funny.

2. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare -because the wait is finally over!

3. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon -I'm not sure how I haven't read this book because it's been out for quite a while. But soon I will have.


16181775 8755785 17199504


Bronte:

4. After the End by Amy Plum. I really enjoyed this new book from Plum - it was just as amazing as the Die for Me series!

5. Bright Before Sunrise by Tiffany Schmidt. My review for this is coming on Thursday but this book was great - I liked it even better than Send Me a Sign which I also loved.

6. Thats actually all the books I've read this summer (because of exams etc) so I am going to pick my favourite book of last summer which was: Wonder by R.J Palacio. This book was something special and different but still completely enjoyable, although emotional.


13601681 11387515 13634097

Izzy:
7. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles- I heard so many good things about this book- and to be frank, I was a bit disappointed. We'll have a full review up for you guys soon where I'll go into more detail but it was a shame.



8. A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore- I liked this book, and was a good start for me to try and read more adult books, though to warn you this is not a lighthearted summer read! It was interesting, and definitely made me think as well as having me choked up at moments. Although I won't be re-reading I can see myself thinking about this book for a long time.


9. Sort of cheating as I'm only halway through but- Half of a Yellow Sun by . This book is not fun and games either but the characters are all incredible so far, flawed but relatable. Also I feel so dumb for never realising Nigeria even had a civil war in the 1960s. To hear history of other countries in novel format is always so interesting for me.

4268157 6076387 18749





Hope you enjoyed this week's Top Ten (Nine) Tuesday, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment